Japan trip - the never ending tea party πŸ—

So we were walking around Americamura, a sizable retail and entertainment area near Shinsaibashi in the Chūō-ku district of Osaka, Japan.  Low and behold to my utmost surprise we stumbled upon...Alice on Wednesday!!!! SERENDIPITY!

You should have seen the look on my face when I came across this landscape (above)... Hubby knows nothing about this place and I've only read about it online.  From my expression and sudden stop in motion, I think he thought I was about to have a stroke...well my heart certainly paused for a tick!!  I scurry to find the entrance and with big relief, there was the OPEN sign!! Yipppeeeeeeee

You know at this point I can't stop smiling right!? LOL


I just could not believe it, it was surreal...
I'd wanted to visit this place when I read about it a few years ago and had thought it was only in Tokyo.  Given that we were visiting Osaka instead, the thought of seeing this place never crossed my mind right? 

We had to make a stop, there was no way I was not going in there..even with this tiny door!  Just like Alice, I will squeeze and push and squeeze and push until I'm in.  


Look up, look down, look left, look right...my head was in a spin!!! The shop was smaller inside than it appears from the outside, just like all things "Alice".  The room I first enter into was dark and tiny and almost cramped but the room appeared to go on forever.
.  I realised after that the back wall was actually a very large mirror to give the room that 'never ending' effect.


This front section of the shop stocked lots and lots of trinkets, jewellery, head clips and broaches etc. 
I asked the attendants if it was ok for me to take photos inside and they didn't minded.  Always good to ask in Japan as not all shop keepers allow photos to be taken.


Though small, there were lots to see! Wonderful Hubby said to take my time...heheheeee and that I did.  I made a quick scan of all the items on offer then went back around to look at the items in more detail.


Leading to the second room was bright and colourful.  Look up! There's a cat up there!! LOL 
The display was so delightful as I spot the weird and usual here and there.  This room contained consumables, coffee, sweets, chocolates and snacks, all wonderfully packaged.

Here are some of the items that really caught my eye...





Here is Alice's shrink me potion, in different flavours perhaps?


Coffee but no tea?





This Alice on Wednesday is much smaller in comparison to the one in Harajuku Tokyo, apparently that one has three floors, all with a different theme and masterfully decked out.  Though this one isn't as spectacular, it was still a very nice experience. 

If you were wondering if I'd bought the whole shop, the answer is no, I did manage to contain myself and held back given my limited luggage space!  Surprisingly though, the items there were very reasonably priced considering most things in Japan were more expensive than in Australia.  

I didn't leave empty handed though...I treated myself to an Alice tin filled with chocky biscuits (only bought it because of the pretty tin) and an Alice Umbrella.  I LOVE umbrellas! not that it rains very much in Melbourne.

Should you be traveling to Tokyo or Osaka in the future, Alice on Wednesday is a must if you love Alice in Wonderland.  For details of the shop, here's the link to their website.  It's in Japanese but you can google translate it!  Enjoy your visit! ❤️

Comments

Popular Posts