never too early to put up the Christmas Tree 🎄

One of our family traditions (my favourite one) is putting up the Christmas tree on the first weekend of November.  Yes, November! I know it's rather early but I do love the feel of Christmas in our home and I get very inspired especially when I see the shops adorn with Christmas decorations and gifts.

Each year we have our own new tree ornament, named and dated and sometimes it even holds a message so it's a rather nostalgic experience when we hang them up one by one.  They go up first before all other tree decorations.  

The box that house all our personal ornaments seems to unleash an invisible glow of memories trapped inside when D lifts open the lid.  We always give out a sigh and an awww...remember this?!...
Its such a beautiful moment for me seeing Daniel remembering and talking about each year's Christmas as we put them up together.  

This year I wanted to make a wreath for our front door.   I didn't want to spend a lot of money buying one and besides,  they may not looks as awesome as the shop bought ones but I think things are more meaningful and special when its made with love right?

This year, I was inspired by the ikea Star wreath which  I wanted to hang in front of my kitchen windows so we went to Ikea and got these... https://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/60399006/

I also saw these artificial garland to make the wreath by curling them and creating a circle.  Easy to do as it has wires to hold the shape.

We decided that we didn't like the artificial plants on the stars so we removed them and instead, I used them for the wreath also.  Keeping it simple, I added baubles to them, attached a gold ribbon and Voilà!

Nice and easy to do and I think it turned out pretty neat! Now we're almost ready for Christmas Day!
Apparently, people who put up Christmas decorations early are happier, says Experts!  So get that Christmas tree out and start decorating!!! 
;D



Comments

Popular Posts